(erielack) Winterization Hatches on EL units

Dear Group,

I posted a question about winterization hatches on the E8s some time
ago... apparently they were pretty much standard equipment, even though
a few E8s that operated on southern and southwestern railroads may have
lacked them.  (I think Southern Railway's "Cresecent" E8s had them,
though).

My current question is:
What about winterization hatches on GP7s and GP9s operated by the Erie
and DL&W?  I don't recall ever seeing a photo of one with a
winterization hatch -- were any so equipped?  Granted, EL country isn't
northern Maine or Minnesota, but it's still cold enough in the winter
(or at least, it still was during the pre-merger years) to make
winterization hatches a good idea.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>