(erielack) [Fwd: Waldwick signal tower]

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Waldwick signal tower
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:27:22 -0500
From: Ralph Scrofani <ralphjs_@_earthlink.net>
To: gelwood_@_dnaco.net

Bob,

Just wanted to update you on progress of Waldwick signal tower
restoration.  We recently lost a bid for a TEA-21 grant so we are busy
with local and area fundraisers to raise restoration funds, i.e
T-shirts, sweat shirts, commemorative engraved bricks at the new public
safety building, limited edition prints of an original drawing of the
tower by local artist Andrea Mistretta, etc.

We have set a date to begin shoring up the building's openings in
anticipation of the next step (interior clean-up) for Saturday, April 13th.

Meanwhile one of our All Aboard members Curtis Springstead has received
a copy of the original architectural drawings of the tower from 1890's,
and blueprints of the Waldwick train yard from the same time.  We also
have a good photograph from 1902 showing a telegrapher at work inside
the tower.

We have our meetings on the third Tuesday of the month at the Waldwick
Public Library meeting room at 7:30pm

That's about it for now.  If you have any suggestions for fundraising,
or would like to know more, let me know

Regards,

Ralph Scrofani