RE: (erielack) Phoebe Snow Passenger Equipment Handrails

Joe,

> I am in the midst of upgrading my "Phoebe Snow" cars.  After
> reviewing pictures in both the EL Color Guide & the Erie/DL&W
> Color guide, I'm confused.  It's the handrails and grabirons
> on the passenger cars. They are, depending on the picture you look
> at in those references, are MAROON, GRAY, Silver (or metal
> with a lack of paint) and in some cases they look gold (this
> maybe sunlight reflection).  Granted, I'm an old guy with some
> impaired vision, and my mind may not interperting things as to
> the true colors, but WHAT COLOR WERE THEY???

Most shots I've seen seem to lean towards a contrasting color with the body
for the vertical grabs along the doors (usually maroon), and either gray or
raw stainless steel (silver) colors on the other grabs. Good rule here: Pick
a picture and go with it! :)