(erielack) Erie Lackawanna auhentic dinner reminder

Since Paul mentioned that postings on this list are slow, I thought I wou=
ld
take a moment and remind everyone that the Erie Lackawanna Dining Car
Preservation Society is sponsoring a benefit dinner on Sunday, April 21 a=
Andres Resturaunt in Newton, NJ.  The evening will feature a four course
dinner that has been based on Erie and Lackawanna menus from the 1940's a=
nd
1950's that we supplied to the chef, Andre Van der Waal.

The price is $75 for non-members, $70 for ELDCPS members.  It is priced
this way for a couple of reasons.  First, it is meant to be a charitable
donation for the restoation effort on EL dining car 741.  Second, this wi=
ll
be a true dining experience.  Andres is a high end place.  My wife and I
would rate it in our top 5 resturaunts in the New York metropolitan area.=
 =

This is a great chance to take a non-railfan significant other out while
still being a railroad activity.  We will have some pieces of china and
silver on display that evening.  Perhaps if finish my polishing work we m=
ay
use some original Lackawanna silver serving pieces.

Please check out the menu and reservation form at www.eldiner.org  =

We are limitedto about 40 people so please reserve soon.

Now if I only could arrange a special Sussex Branch rain to get you to
Newton.....

Thanks for your continuing support of the effort to restore diner 741.  W=
should have some exciting developments on the restoration soon!

Tim Stuy
Secretary,
ELDCPS