(erielack) MARCH CALENDAR

I was looking at the Alco on the March photo again last night and
began thinking about the 'red' on the the top of the hood and cab.
There was a lot of discussion about the possibility of rust.

I have another thought.  I was living in Ohio in 1976.  In the spring
of the year farmers tilled their land.  When it was extremely dry,
the dirt would blow all over the place, sometimes drifting into the
road like snow.  Once I thought I was living in the 'dust bowel' era
during one spring of the 70s.

I'm wondering if the red on the roof and cab of the locomotive is dirt
blown on the unit from the farms along the EL ROW.  Something to
think about.

Ed Montgomery