Re: (erielack) Alco HH660 an ex-Lackawanna unit?? Not.

In a message dated 3/6/02 2:14:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, quahog_@_sprint.ca
writes:

> "Vintage Relco Alco HH660 switcher RE601, leased by Relco to Mennel
>  Milling (formerly Continental Grain) in Troy, OH, was replaced with a
>  trackmobile in recent months.  The disposition for the aging switcher is
>  yet unknown."

This is not the Lackawanna unit.  Relco does own Lackawanna 409,  recently
rebuilt and converted to roller bearings, which is working for the
foreseeable future at U.S. Steel in Burns Harbor, Ind.  Relco once
entertained selling the 409 for $60k-plus, but last I checked it was keeping
it.

I've photographed the HH in Troy, and it ain't Lackawanna.  But it's a good
runner and in decent shape.  I hope someone can preserve it.

                        ....Mike