Re: (erielack) Appropriate Lists for Occasional non-EL topics (was re:

I was wondering about message boards or other online discussions for
industrial heritage and local history for northern NJ and Rockland County,
NY.  My main area of interest being the effect of the railroad on these
areas, I often have questions that are not directly related to Erie/ E-L,
except for the fact that it ran through/by the place in question.  I have
seen some discussion of online industry here (good thing) but am otherwise
hesitant to post questions unrelated to the railroad.
Any suggestions?