Re: (erielack) Appropriate Lists for Occasional non-EL topics (was re: Railroad models from LEGO)

Alan Samostie writes:

I am a member of the LVRR list, but that one doesn't
> generate much discussion at all -- I'm guessing there must be more than
> one LVRR list).

Nah, it's just a boring railroad!   8^)

But goes on to ask:

>  So, short of joining mailing lists or Yahoo groups for
> each individual railroad every time one of these "single use only"
> questions or tidbits comes up, can anyone suggest some general railroad
> discussion lists?
>
> Also, I'd love to find a decent railroad discussion channel on IRC
> (internet relay chat) -- I think it would be a great place for
> discussions in "real time."  Most of the major IRC networks (DalNet,
> Undernet, EFNet) have channels called #trains, #railroad, etc., but
> there seems to be little or no activity on them.  If anyone from this
> group is interested in meeting on DalNet (either on a general #railroad
> or #trains channel or a specific #erielack channel) just let me know.

I don't know about that, but what happened to the chat room on this list?
It was on Thursday nights, and I am hardly ever home on Thursday nights
(Train club night) so I seldom participated, but did it go away entirely?

SGL