Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 11:58 PM
Subject: 2-6-6-2 Pix

Dave,

    You are correct that this is B&O 7528 (ex-BR&P 728) and that is a
BR&P concrete whistle post. The two rows of telegraph poles on the left
suggest parallel lines on that side. I believe that the only place that
there is another parallel right of way on almost the same grade is
between East Salamanca and Limestone NY - that would make this a
westbound train (headed for Bradford and beyond). This could either be
between East Salamanca and Carrollton moving in an eastward direction
(by compass) - before the BR&P/B&O tracks swing south over the Erie line
going to Olean - or between Riverside Jct. (PRR crossing) and Limestone
with the train moving in a southward direction (by compass).

    As a secondary matter, I am not aware of any 2-6-6-2's being used as
pushers out of Clarion Jct. That was 2-8-8-2 territory (generally about
5 or 6 of the nine were at AJ at any given time with another 2 or 3
working north (BR&P direction) or east (B&O) out of Riker and one in the
shop at DuBois. There may have been 2-6-6-2 thru helpers from Riker to
E. Salamanca, but they would normally be coupled on ahead as a
double-header.
  Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 11:28 PM

  Brian:

  FYI.  This thread has just started on the ELHS mailing list.  It
happens to include the BR&P. Note Erie #7528 in the photo URL.  Also see
note 10.  Maybe you have something you could add, like, the exact
location of this photo?

  - Dave Green