RE: (erielack) Re: Western New York Railfans (was re: EL C424s)

Bill,

> I think you'll find too there's a lot of guys who were like I
> was a few years back.. I shot probably 10,000 slides mainly
> of Conrail around Syracuse, with some good Susquehanna on the
> ex-DL&W (list content!)... but I
> missed Paul T's book because I didn't know he was putting it
> together.   I'm
> not sure where or if he solicited material, but I'm not on
> any NYS&W specific e-mail lists, and I'm not terribly active
> in the chapter or anything... it would have been easy for me
> to miss something.

Wish I had known! Next book I will be more public about posting (and yes,
there is a next book in progress - very early stages - topic: EL motive
power)

Actually, you'll notice there were only 2.5 pages on the Northern Division -
I had to cut a LOT of stuff I wanted to have in the book (there were
originally 375 images that had to be pared down to the amount seen in the
book), and I wanted to concentrate on the older stuff (which really hasn't
been covered in color). The post-1985 stuff has been covered to excess in
all the fan magazines, so I tried to choose notable, uncommon location, or
"very pretty" shots for the later era section of the book, to avoid
repetition with other sources.