From: "Michael Dye" <luxpan_@_hotmail.com>
To: <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) What Locals Called the Railroads (was Re: Re:
Lackawanna original steam bell)

Here in Indiana (Sounds a bit redundant, doesn't it?), when it's remembered
at all, it's generally remembered as the "Erie". Those in Huntington, who
had relatives working the road in the late 70's tend to refer to it as the
"EL" (By the letters, not the word). The town's newspaper isn't much help
either, as they tend to refer to the other trackage in town (former Wabash)
as belonging to the "Norfolk & Southern".

Michael Dye ELHS #1516