RE: (erielack) Montvale, Montville, and Pronunciation Help

> With the recent confusion between Montville and Montvale
> (which I've got to admit, always confused me), which was
> formerly (or still) the site of the A&P Supermarkets
> Headquarters -- Montvale or Montville?  Was A&P's warehouse
> served by the EL?

A&P's warehouse was in MontVALE - Mike Sheehy should be able to answer
this one, since this was  NJ&NY territory.

A&P Corporation is located at the corner of Paragon Drive and Summit Avenue in MontVALE, NJ and their flagship store is a mile or so away on Chestnut Ridge Road in Woodcliff Lake (Van Riper's Farm site). As far as I know, A&P never had a warehouse in Montvale, let alone one served by the NJ&NY/Erie/E-L and their office building is a good distance from the railroad.  Whether there was a warehouse served by the Erie/DL&W/E-L elsewhere, I'm not sure.  Sorry I was not able to be more helpful.