(erielack) re: prototype colors

Hi, again -- Another color that gives me trouble is the panel on locomotives and passenger cars in Erie's "two-tone" livery -- the part that isn't dark green.  I tend to mix it too green, not gray enough.

And that's another thing: today's paints tend to dry to a shade different from the liquid.  I have taken to spraying or brushing a coat of the color on its cap to remind me what it's going to look like.

I also persist in having my spray booth lighted quite nicely, so I can see what I'm doing.  It's flourescent.  When I get the object out onto the railroad, where some light is incandescent, the color changes.

Oh, me!  I guess I must not expect perfection in an imperfect world.

Randy Brown