Re: (erielack) Great Erie Station Photos on line

In a message dated 1/22/2002 10:15:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mdemeo_@_frontiernet.net writes:

> Has all the NJ & NY
> stations also.

This is a great site, but I wish it did have all the NJ&NY RR stations.  Park
Ridge is missing (a real gem, in my opinion) as is Carlstadt, Hasbrouck
Heights, Essex Street, North Hackensack, Pearl River, Summit Park and
Haverstraw.  No stations from the New City Branch are included either (except
Nanuet, which served the PV Line, Erie Piermont Branch and New City Branch).
I heard that some of the glass plates that these pictures are on were lost or
damaged, so that could be the reason for the omission.

I think at least some of these pictures appeared in "The Next Station Will
Be..." books.  The picture of the Oradell station looks like the same one on
the picture of the NJ&NY book of that series.

Michael Sheehy
NJNYRR/Erie Milepost 34 "Summit Park Station"
New Hempstead, NY