(erielack) Re: Dover Wrecks?

Guys,

Those were the two major wrecks I remember from the 50s and 60s.  I did have
the ICC report on the P'brger/MU collision at Salem St. My father was nearby
at the time and got quite a few slides. I believe it was in '67 or '68 as I
was in Mass. at the time.

The earlier wreck was a westboud freight following #11 west from Denville
and took down the west shed at Dover.  It was winter, maybe December or
January and I remember trains were turned back at Denville.
Check Lowenthal's books or Taber's; I recall reading more in one of them.

If I find out more later, I'll add it.

Hank Sommers