(erielack) Erie and EL Power

I have made the acquaintance of a fellow who was a machinist in Hornell Shop
during the final days of Erie or early EL.

He has quite a 'working knowledge' of each individual locomotive that ever
had 'major surgery" or other particularities.  Of note, he mentioned that the
1158 on the January EL Calendar was the last Baldwin that received a major
overhaul.

I asked him about the brakes on the GP-7's and some other issues, such as why
did the 1200 and 1201 have 'barrel type" headlights while others had sealed
beams.  His reply was that Erie ordered EVERY GP-7 and GP-9 for a specific
purpose.  The 1200 and 1201 were ordered for the Jefferson Div.

Anyone ever hear of other such specifics?

SMT