Re: (erielack) Erie Split Mains - egg on face Question

Here is what EL in Color says (the highlights):

1) Western Connection between C&E and the mainline (Bear Lake Line) was CM
Junction.
2) Routes were controlled under CTC.  CTC was controlled from NE tower in
Niobe, NY.
3) $175 million was spent on the reduction of grades and construction of
second tracks under Frederick Underwood of the Erie.

To reply to Bill K's comment: Route was removed by Conrail mid-80s after a
period of inactivity.  No on-line business for years.  According to EL in
Color Vol. 2.

Mike Riley