RE: (erielack) re:OEM horns, etc

> That brings up an other question:  When the Erie ordered its
> first GP-7's,
> what brake stand did it usually order?  I understand from the
> EMD manual
> that it was available either with a 6-BL or a 24-RL.

Erie's GP's all had 6-BL brakes (with the notable exception of GP9
#1262, which had 26-L brakes - anyone know why?)

Note the DL&W's GP's had 24-RL (freight units) and 26-L (passenger
unnits)

> What brakestand did the RS-2/3 engines have?

900-901: 6-DS
902-933, 951-954, 1004-1038: 6-SL
1039-1059: 24-RL  (ex-DL&W)

There's the rub. That's why Erie's GP's and RS's would only MU with
themselves, and not anything else on the roster.

End of ErieLack Digest V3 #438