Re: (erielack) OEM air horns

Doug....

I recall hearing the air horns on the DL&W steam locos as a kid. Took me a
long time to figure out what the sound was since I didn't actually see them
at crossings.
If you look at photos the horns look longer and more slender that F units.

Lackawanna had almost no grade crossings in Scranton so we didn't hear many
DL&W whistles....unlike the D&H which ahd about 15 grade crossing through the
city. Only one I can recall was at Scranton St. (now gone) just south of
Bridge 60 on the Bloom Branch.

Can't describe the sound but it definitely was not the typical F unit "blat".
 More musical sounding.

Chuck Y