(erielack) EL3656 preservation

All,

As you know, WC 6634/EL 3656 was retired by Canadian National on
November 1, 2001 and is currently in Stevens point, WI awaiting an
unknown fate. The engine had a failure prior to its demise, and I'm not
sure what the problem is or hoe easily it would be fixed.

If there are any interested individuals or groups that are hoping to
preserve this locomotive and perhaps repaint it into EL colors as an
operating memory, please contact me off-list for the contact information
for CN's locomotive disposal person.

I don't want to post this information to the list as I don't feel it's
apprpriate to have this person get a ton of e-mails or calls from
well-meaning people who aren't going to be actively involved in the
"rescue" process.

I'm currently working on another project with this person, who appears
to be receptive to preservation efforts (a WC/Soo GP30 has been donated
to another museum in the midwest through this department).

Please contact me off-list and I'll be happy to pass all contact
information to interested, serious parties.

Fred Hyde
Madison, WI
olelena_@_tds.net

- ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C19A8E.B3BC9A40