(erielack) More Palomar mirror........

The "S" was part of the car number, not the reporting mark.  In the photos I
have the reporting mark is "NYC" and the car number is "S-499010".
Jeremy
send replies to jferris_@_infoblvd.net
Michael Dye wrote:
***Now for today's silly question: If the glass was moved on a NYC well-deck

flatcar, as has been said, why can a "S" be seen before the number (The rest

of the lettering blocked by the people in the photo) in the reporting marks?

I don't believe that I've ever seen a freight car marked "NYCS", and none of

the other NYC reporting marks seem to contain an "S" (NYC, B&A, CCC&StL, MC,

TOC, etc).

Michael Dye ELHS #1516***