(erielack) Old Erie Stops from an 1899 Document

Hello everyone,

In my relentless search to find out everything about anything, I
stumbled across an electronic version of an old document on the Railroad
Extra Web Site.

It is titled "Between the Ocean and the Lakes -- The Story of the
ERIE".  The peice was written in 1899 and was published in the
Gazetteer.

In a nutshell, it runs through a list of all of the cities and villages
along the line up to 1899.  Some of the places have a good size
paragraph of information including town history.  Some have just a
blurb.

Lot's of interesting information in it.  For example, the first two Erie
Stations with agents in them were both from 1841 in Chester and Goshen.
Bunch of interesting little nuggets in this one.

The link is at:

http://www.railroadextra.com/ergazete.Html

This is a good read, and I thought it might tie in to the station
discussion from this past week.

- --

Joseph M. Ferris
JosephMFerris[@]yahoo[.]com