Re: (erielack) Re: Wreck at Owego (late 1970s / early 1980s)

Dear Kevin and Group,

Thanks!  I was wondering if anyone was going to respond to this one.
Does anyone know the milepost (from JC) at The Hickories / Hiawatha
Bridge overpass?

The wreck that I remember was not huge, but it was definitely not an
"all left standing" incident.  Several cars lay buckled or damaged in
the field between The Hickories and the IBM Owego plant.  The Shawmut
Line boxcar is the one I remember most clearly, and I can't imagine it
could have escaped being scrapped on-site.  There may have been a few
cars derailed behind Jamesway also.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>