Re: (erielack) ELHS Dues

Rick Wargo asks:

>  Does anyone know when dues should be paid for this year's ELHS ?

Oh, good!  Another chance to explain how the ELHS dues structure works.

We are NOT on an annual basis.  A membership gets you two Diamonds, and
however many Extra Boards and other intermediate mailings it takes us to get
those two Diamonds in your hands.  Now, under Rich's capable guidance, the
Diamond >did< come out on a fairly reliable basis twice a year.  More or
less.  But some time ago, it did take us about two years to get two issues
out, and we plugged along with Extra Boards and whatnot until both Diamonds
were published.  Theoretically (don't hold your breath) we >could< do two
issues in six months or so, and then ask for you to renew your membership.

Now, as to when?  When we let you know when it's time.  We will send out a
renewal form to all members at the appropriate time.  Now, you might notice
that the Diamond that came about a month ago was Vol 15, No 2, meaening that
we've fulfilled the membership for Volume 15.  You can keep your checkbook
warm, because that renewal notice will be coming sometime soon, though I
don't know exactly when.  Bob Rose, our membership man, has just moved to a
new house, so he's kind of busy right now, but I am sure that it will be
coming along soon.

Further questions?  Send them along.

>  Thanks!
>
> Rick