RE: (erielack) Get used to it... The new NJT diesels that will be running over the former DL&W/EL...

I know most listmembers don't particularly care for the aesthetics of newer
locos, but IMHO, these look pretty neat to me (as do the F59's, GE p40
series, Acela etc.).  I like the sleek modern look...  these, I will admit
however, are a little more boxier than I like (so are the GE's on Amtrak).

Also remember that at the time, many RR veterans didn't like the original
covered wagons (F's, E's, FA's, PA's, FM offerings (i.e. Erie builts,
C-liners), Baldwin centipedes, etc.) when they were first released in the
late 30's, 40's, 50's).   Of course they were raised on healthy doses of
steam.

I believe you can't let familiarity guide your tastes, although we're all
entitled to our own preferences and to be respected for them.   Also, as
Lance stated in an earlier thread on raising the possibility of preserving a
PA in 1968, we all tend to look for those models that aren't around in the
present, not realizing that they may not be in just a few years in the
future (e.g. SD45-2's).

Now for something for list digestion and comments.  I noticed the horn has
at least 4 chimes (facing forward, no pics with a view of the horn from the
rear, so there possibly could be more).

Does anyone know what type of horn this is?  And what they are tuned to?

Regards,

Chris