RE: Re: (erielack) Bush Trainsheds

A Samostie <quahog_@_sprint.ca> wrote:

>Dear Phil,
>Right!  Don't know how I forgot MC Terminal!  Amtrak removed most (if
>not all) of the trainshed in the late 70s or early 80s to allow
>operation of bi-level (ex-CNW) commuter cars and Superliners.  Last time
>I was there, both the low-rise and high-rise portions of the terminal
>were in very sad condition.  The City of Detroit is trying to re-develop
>it, I hope they are successful.
>
>So, our list now stands at:
>DL&W Hoboken
>DL&W Scranton
>DL&W Buffalo
>CNJ Jersey City
>CP Windsor Station, Montréal
>NYC(MC) Michigan Central Terminal, Detroit
>CNW Northwestern Terminal, Chicago
>
>Cheers,
>Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>
>

>ELRRco_@_aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Don't forget Chicago & Northwestern's Chicago Passenger Terminal (the sheds
>> are there, but not the terminal).
>>
>> And the Michigan Central station in Detroit may have them as well.
>>
>> Phil

Sorry, the sheds at the C&NW station are there, but their new ones. The old one was removed about five years ago.I live in Iowa and often Amtrak to New York City (Mile Post 0) and other places.Between trains if time permits I walk over to the C&NW station to visit the food court or just check it out. I've been doing this since 1968.....Lance
- --

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_@_Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/