(erielack) Computer Security

In our local paper this morning, there was an article about how hackers
are
now starting to focus on home computer systems. As people move to cable or
DSL connections, they are starting to open themselves up to attacks.

Working in computer security, I run a person hardware firewall on my DSL
connection to the outside world and a person firewall on my computer.

For those of you using dial connections and think you are safe, thing
again. We have noted that dialup systems are being probed. One of the
person on our team has noted 2-3 probes per day from sites in the fareast
through a dialup connection. This was reported by a free firewall product
installed on his computer.

George Elwood
http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood