(erielack) TOFC at East Binghamton

Hi list.  I registered for the list sometime ago, but this is my first
posting.

I grew up directly across from the East Binghamton yard tower. From our
picture window I spent many hours watching yard operations.  There was a
double siding on the north side of the yard, one siding handled box car
traffic for the Jewel Tea company warehouse, the second siding ran out to a
ramp.  At least twice a week a yard switcher would bring a cut of flat cars
to that siding and I would watch in fascination while an Orange Brockway
Nealon Trucking tractor would back along the rack of flat cars to load and
unload van trailers with road names from across the country (and Canada).  I
lived in that house from 1961 to 1969.  Thanks for helping me recall the
memories.

- --=_8FD28A63.65044AAA