Re: (erielack) Path

Tino,
Unfortunately, with a 2-track line, an express train will be only as fast
as the train ahead of it.  Without the ability to skip stops and bypass
trains, faster service won't work.  Since that would require additional
tunnels under the Hudson, it is not likely to occur soon.

As I recall, however, the original design of the Tubes from Hoboken south
to Grove St. past the Erie terminal at Pavonia was a two-track, two-level
design.  If you ride in the front of a train leaving Hoboken, you can see
where the other level tubes were to take off just as the 33rd St. line
leaves the southbound line.

Ken B.