RE: (erielack) Help in the Harrisburg Area

Rusty Recordon wrote:

> The Lackawanna coach is still sitting on its DL&W marked
> trucks and is
> in decent shape considering the neglect.  Noticed the
> underside of the
> car is fairly complete including the drive shaft from the
> truck axle to
> the generator.  Structure seems pretty solid though there is
> some minor
> rust through.  All the window glass is out of it and the upholstery a
> mess, though the seats appear to be all there.  Compared to the
> Stillwell and the Reading coaches the Lackawanna is pristine.
>  I am no
> expert, but this coach appears to me to be at that point
> where it's now
> or never if it is going to be saved.

A couple of questions for ya!

1) What series of DL&W coach was this? Was it a Boonton car?
2) Does the connection between the RDG (NS) and that siding still exist?
3) Does the Williams Grove Steam Association own those cars as well?

The Williams Grove group has a couple of interesting pieces on their
property, including some "critter" diesel switcher, a steam locomotive lost
in the trees, an ancient tank car, and their pride, the only operable PRR
steam locomotive, an 0-6-0 that they run once a year, on Labor Day weekend
on their mile of track (and you can get cab rides, too - nifty!)

Didn't know those cars were up there!