(erielack) Erie Rail Motor Cars

List:
I am interested in modeling the Brill Model 55 rail motor cars acquired by
the Erie in the 1920's.  I had previously acquired "Diamondbugs" by Jack
Grasso which is an excellent reference book on the subject.  In his book, he
notes that the 4000 series Brill cars were painted a "bright red".
Are we talking 'caboose red' or a more subtle 'wine' or burgundy red color?
While colors weather and fade, can anyone suggest a credible "red" color for
a clean new car - from today's choices of paint colors / offerings?  Did
these cars maintain their red color until their demise in the 1930's?
Also, can anyone point me to information, drawings, photo's of the interior
configuration of the cars? Would they essentially have been like the Model
250 Brills?
Last, speaking of passenger service, I have a brass K1 Pacific made by NPP
that I am looking to sell.  It is the 'high' headlight version and is
unpainted.  You can contact me off list for more information and digital
pictures if interested.
Regards
D Wise