Re: (erielack) Holiday Armchair Model Railroading

Allen,
       If you want to see how much space it takes to model Binghamton then
just look at the track plan for Heralds Erie layout in MR or GMR. He did a
very convincing job of it. The only thing that he skipped and I would add is
the DLW freght house and team yard. You can spot lots of different kinds of
cars in a team yard. I have a Walthers Water Street freight house that I
extended the track side dock on with two tracks side by side in front of it
so two rows of box cars can be parked in front of it and gang planks dropped
between the cars to work them in and out of the freight house. If I had a bit
more width I would have added a 3rd track. I also have 4 more tracks with
driveway space between them for trucks to back up to the cars, also a end
ramp and a gantery crane. I can spot 26 40ft cars in this team yard/freight
yard complex and it takes up about 18" X 48" of room.
Bob