Re: (erielack) EL GP-7 1265

And, of course, it was on the mainline of the Rome, Watertown and
Ogdensburg.

Now let me pick nits. If I am not mistaken, the line was not called "
Montreal Secondary" under the New York Central ownership. That's a Conrail
hold-over.

Originally, the NYC route for Montreal traffic was from Utica up the NYC's
Adirondack Division.

Here is more from Gordon Davis via railfan.net: "NYC ran a through freight
train via Utica and Montreal, UM-1 and MU-2, which among other traffic
handled bananas from Weehawken set off by WB-3 at   Utica. That train and
most other freight traffic was later rerouted via Watertown and Norwood,
then via trackage rights on the Rutland to Malone Jct, then  north on the
NYC to Adirondack Jct. When the Rutland went out on strike in 1961 that
train returned to the Adirondack for a short while, then began  operating as
DM-11 and MD-12 (Dewitt - Montreal) via new trackage rights on CN from
Massena to Huntingdon, then via the original route to Adirondack   Jct.
After Conrail was created, CN sold that piece of the Massena Subdivision
west of Huntingdon to Conrail."

Under PC control, the route from Syracuse to Montreal was part of the Mohawk
& St. Lawrence Division.

Anyway, just details...

Rob Davis