Re: (erielack) EL GP-7 1265

"Hollritt, Todd" wrote:

> Found this on Mr. Gelwoods site, WHEN (Early 60's)  and WHERE (Upstate NY?)
> did this happen?
>
>  http://gelwood.railfan.net/ops/el-w1265aas.jpg
>
> I post this in honor of all those trains that will fall off the track under
> the tree this Holiday Season :)
>
> Todd (ELHS#1318)

I have the rest of this series, plus some from other wrecks, if I get my act
together and get them sent to George, maybe someone can tell us both!
They were taken by a member of the crew on the wreck train who worked
out of Meadville, Lawrence Baer.  He passed away about ten years ago, but
his wife recently let me borrow the slides.
The set shows another GP in GMY, 1241 I think, with similar damage.   I can't
find any mention of either unit being scrapped, so they must have been
repaired?
And as for location, his wife said that they travelled quite a ways, another
pic
she did remember was from Watertown, NY.  These ones she doesn't know.
Anyone have a clue?
Al