(erielack) Trailers-on-flat-car traffic...

I finally got a chance to start reading the (excellent) Chicago piggyback
operations article in the Diamond yesterday. One item of note perked up my
eyebrows, and that was the discussion of TOFC ramps at smaller locales, such
as Norwich, NY! I was surprised that such ramps were being used into the
1970s.

Does anyone have a complete list of all of EL's smaller ramps? We all know
Chicago and Croxton, but Norwich? Were there any other smaller ramps around?
And when did service to the smaller ramps (like Norwich) end?

By the way, was anyone else confused with the term "TOFC" used in the
article (an acronym that DOESN'T stand for "trailer on flat car" in the
context of the article!)

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981