RE: (erielack) re: Diamond and "short" baggage cars"

	Not having seen the photo. Here are some options
The IC,GM&O , CRI&P , SP , T&NO all had Harriman 45
foot RPO's afterwards used in head end  and through
mail service.

SP turned a bunch into steam generator cars for
heating trains, we use an Ex SP Pullm an Heavyweight
either a 40 or 45 footer steamheater car to preheat
the 4449 for fire up and for hydroing

Pullman had 40 and 45 footers heavyweights for mail
and shorty RPO and GN or NP had a few.

Streamlined cars were ex army hospital cars with
center d oor that looked like half a baggage car we
have a 65 footer at FWRHS as our tool car but we have
had a 45 or 50 foot ex NYC,nee U.S. Army car in our
train a couple of times as a connsessions car. NYC got
a large group of these really short streamlined car s
for branchline headend/mail as did Burlington. ( Not
the WWII pullman box cars , but rather Korean War
Streamlined cars)

I have photos of Burlington Shorties , Horse Cars and
old style army kitchen cars on through head end
service out of Chicago on Er ie and EL as well as NP ,
CRI&P ,ATSF,NYC,N&W and Pennsy all pre Amtrak.

Rich Young