(erielack) fake Erie caboose

Listers:

This has always bugged me.  Click on the link below and look at the shot
of the "Erie" caboose:

 http://www.niagarahobby.com/

Isn't this an N&W hack?  When they picked it up it was in N&W colors.
It looks like what I would call an N&W "standard" caboose (I don't know
much about N&W cabooses aside from what I have seen in books and
photos).

I will submit that this caboose bears some resemblance to an Erie
Dunmore but that is as close as it gets.

To my knowledge no one has ever pointed this out to the owner, despite
all the hype that this is a "genuine" Erie caboose (It's in all their
advertising).

...just a comment to stimulate some conversation.

BTW, this is a nice hobby shop.  They don't have everything but they
carry ALOT of Athearn.  Prices are the cheapest around.  Good place to
pick up a kit (or kits) for a kitbashing project.  I have gotten a few
P2K locos for $35.00 here.  Hard price to get outside mail order.

- - Dave Green, ELHS #1366