Re: (erielack) Diamond Photo captions.

In a message dated 12/18/2001 6:53:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Smtimko_@_aol.com writes:

> IF it was a LOADED COAL TRAIN from Carrolton, it would have been from
> CARROLLTON, NY.  And really, it would be on EL rails at Carrollton as it
> used
> the B&O from the Brockway (Pa) area to Lewis Run  then entered NY to come
> Carrollton.  The B&O (BR&P) went over the top of the EL at Carrollton.
>
> Coal trains from the Bradford Division that went east had to go to
> Salamanca
> to runaround their train prior to going east.  By EL times you could only
> enter the Bradford Division (actually Sub-Division) in an Eastbound
> direction.

Let me say I really enjoyed the three articles in the new Diamond. The issue
from that standpoint is probable one of the best one we have had, BUT the
caption proofreading, or lack there of, like on the calendar has got to
improve.

Aside form SMTs comments on Carrolton, The train is west of Stroudsburg NOT
east, the engine is a U36C, NOT a U33C, there is NOT a coal car in the
picture, thus its NOT a coal train, and their for the whole Carrolton
relationship is mute, and the PP&L plant at Portland Pa is NOT on the Bangor
and Portland Br.

The photo of the Montville station on page 26 is also incorrect, in that
Montville station was never on the North side of the tracks.

Bob Bahrs