Re: (erielack) Diamond and USPS delays

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Will wrote:

> Friend of mine works for CSX and he was showing me a "safety flyer" that
> got sent out recently reminding employees to be careful etc etc...
>
> Of note was a recounting of a wreck involving NY100 during EL
> days....1972-1974, somewhere in either Ohio or Indiana caused when NY100
> went into a siding at speed during Thanksgiving or Christmas....apparently
> somebody had tampered and lined a mainline switch into an industry siding
> and the train went in at 40 or 50 mph.... the person who wrote the piece
> is somebody who is now a CSX manager whose father was a Supt or something
> like that on the EL...
>
> Anyone heard about this or know any more of the details....apparently the
> crew was either killed or badly injured.

Sounds like the infamous wreck of the 3657 and 3667 on November 22, 1973 at
Windham, OH.

George has the ICC report online at

http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/ops/windham2.html

And we have batted it about on the list a few times over the past couple of
years. One thread was the Striped Plow discussion.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
root_@_bluemoon.net         www.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Internet Corp
V.90, X2 & K56flex        www.railfan.net  - The Railfan Network