Re: (erielack) Diamond and USPS delays

That CSXT safety flyer was no doubt issued by R L Downing, a CSXT General
Manager or Vice President.  Bob was formerly with Conrail in Albany.

His father was a Division Supt on EL on at least the New York and then the
Mahoning Divisions.  He was in Cleveland as a General Supt or some such title
when the NY-100 was operating against the current of traffic around a
disabled train  from Kent to SN Jct on Thanksgiving Day (I forget the year)
and the train found an open switch and entered the industry of
Harbison-Walker Refractories at Windham, Ohio at speed.

The fireman was operating the engine and he was seriously injured in the
derailment and to this day never worked again.  The engineer was killed.  It
was a real tragedy.  The train dispatcher, while not at fault took it very
hard.  That dispatcher relieved me earlier that morning in Youngstown.

smt