Re: (erielack) Diamond and USPS delays

Just one question concerning the current issue of the "Diamond". The caption
for the top photo on the rear cover states that the pictured train is a
"...loaded coal train, having come off the B&O at Carrolton, PA...". Now, am
I missing something, or is there an error? Coal train? With covered hoppers?
I'm assuming that it's just a typo.

LOVED the article concerning the UPS/Piggyback operations in Chicago! While
reading the portion concerned with the problems with the "natives", I was
reminded of the stories that Grandpa used to tell about how the EL couldn't
send a signalman out to replace lights at night in Hammond/Chicago, unless
they sent 3 or 4 (With "implements of destruction" in hand) to deter those
folks.

An outstanding issue. Great job Rich. I'm gonna miss having your hand in
this.

Michael Dye ELHS #1516