(erielack) Oh those type of rail greasers

	I forgot about the stationary track mounted ones, the
steam nut in me only thinks Locomotive. Erie had the
mechanical grease type described in the earlier post
mounted at various locations at multiple track
crossovers and short swiches to ease wear and help the
longer wheelbase engines get through and on the
Western Indiana they were installed in approach to
Dearborn Station for all the crossovers there.

	These are pretty neat to watch work and I would guess
due to the heavy grease , it coats the inside of the
rail and flange very effectively and suprisingly keeps
the rail head fairly clean.

Rich Young