RE: (erielack) Strange ERIE logo

The answer can be found in the Nov. '90 edition of the "Extra Board".

"The "beetle" emblems were part of the restaurant chain that operated the
beaneries along the line, and is known as the Erie Scarab design. In the
Port Jervis NY & the Susquehanna, PA stations, the Union News Co. controlled
the restaurants; the emblem from the Huntington, IN yard office door wound
up on the EL President's desk in Cleveland, until Conrail (Measuring 24" x
28", it is now in the door between the kitchen of Dave's [McWherter] home)."

Michael Dye ELHS #1516