Re: (erielack) Lackawanna Pocket Watch?

The engine looks like a New York Central "NIAGARA" 4-8-4 (ALCo built) to
me.  I'd be surprised if this proved to be a genuine watch of any
railroad.  Railroad watches usually came with a cover over the face to
prevent scratching.

More likely Lackawanna is the name of the company that MADE it.
Lackawanna, NY is south of Buffalo, NY, and was served by the NYC.

The auction does not represent it as a Lackawanna Railroad watch.  Caveat
emptor!

- --- A Samostie <quahog_@_sprint.ca> wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1674295322
>
> This is an auction for a pocket watch, Lackawanna is printed on the
> face.  But, the back of the case features a distinctly British (or at
> least European) steam engine.  Is this the "genuine article" as used by
> Lackawanna crewmen, or a less-than-authentic repro?

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

NEW JERSEY TRANSIT - The Way To Go!

(Use of this motto does not imply any New Jersey Transit affiliation or approval.)