(erielack) GP35 snow shields...

A few questions about those "shields" that appeared on some GP35s over the
inertial air filter... (triangular-shaped hoods just behind the cab)

* These were installed after delivery - when, and on how many total units?
(I've only seen units with the Roman EL lettering in maroon with the
shields, so I would assume the mid-1960s)
* It looks like most were removed by CR (but not all!) - did the experiment
fail? Or did it not improve performance of the inertial air filter?

Thanks in advance,

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981