RE: (erielack) Pascack Valley / NJ&NY name change?

When I commuted from Hackensack in 1970-72 and the push-pulls arrived, some
had power on the east and some had it on the west.  Never understood
why.  Actually the first push-pull train had an E-L GP-7 on the east end
pulling a set of coaches and a dead U-34CH.  The train was late, of course,
and full.  I sat on the steps and watched the scenery go by through the
open door, including the Hackensack River below the toes of my shoes on the
bottom step.

Of course, two NJ & NY trains each way per day were GP-7 with ex-Santa Fe
stainless steel coaches.

Ken B.