(erielack) Erie Lackawanna: Death of an American Railroad

Hi!
I just finished reading the subject book (available in paperback from
Amazon.com for $17.98) and was wondering how many of you have read this
book.  It was quite an eye-opener.  My only major problem with the
subject matter was the short shrift given to the DL&W.  It read like an
Erie RR history with an "Oh, by the way, the Erie merged with the DL&W",
and then goes on.  This is understandable since the research seems to
have been mainly done from Cleveland, home of the Erie.  I would have
liked to have had the same treatment given to the DL&W as was given the
Erie leading up to the merger.  The author also made a statement early
in the book that "Men of Erie' was a rather lame book.  I was thinking
about obtaining a copy of this to read.  Is the author's assement
accurate?  Your comments are appreciated.
Jon Liles ELHS #3158