(erielack) 20th Century Hobbies Newsletter

Hi gang-

First new "stuff" just in -

Stewart Baldwin AS-616 in Erie (two numbers). This massive "6

wheeler" was used for really heavy freight haulage.

Branchline Berwick box cars are starting to be released - in stock

now Ma & Pa, soon to follow Middletown & New Jersey, New Hope &

Ivyland and others. See list at:

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOFreight/HOFreight.htm

IHC Maintenance of Way Old Time cars in DL&W - these thirty footers

are a must for your old time steam railroad. Same URL.

Last chance for the IHC passenger cars - half price plus buy eight,

get the ninth free.

In our last newsletter, we noted that Halloween was upon us

and now there's only three/four weeks to Christmas.  We can still get

you what you want in time for the big fat guy in red to deliver it.

All deliveries are USPS Priority Mail and even with the slight slow up

of mail in and out of New Jersey, most of our shipments get there in

two business days. If your wife or girl friend didn't get you the

ACT</bold>.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/ForSale1.htm

The Website -

We are growing like crazy and serving more and more

model railroaders and rail fans every day.  To make this exercise

easier for everyone, we are going to change our web site once again.

We've had "internal" criticism of the web site design (sometimes

refered to as "confused").  A proliferation of colors, flashing

signs, different type fonts, changed details and added pictures

without any "logical order" just to keep up with our new stock and

announcing advance reservations.  This happened because of our

rush to tell you about them, but is refered to by critics as "a

heck of a mess".

And now with the assistance of "cold fusion" and one of our internal

critics and professional technical associate (my daughter), a new web

site will be created which will be organized, sortable by scale,
roadname,

type of model, etc., etc. will miraculously appear in the next few
months.

This will also have an ordering device (similiar to a shopping cart) and

secure encripted method of taking credit cards.  We look forward to
this

being the "state of the art" retail site.

For our old customers at the store, we are sure you remember the

first real time, on line retail system for check out we installed in

1979 with a Datapoint computer.  This was even before ANY retail store

had this type of system (even the huge Rickels store in our shopping

center didn't have one).  We expect to regain our fast-forward, leading

edge look in the near future.  We can give you a peek at the new format

and <bold>we ask for your comments on where we are going and how you like
it.</bold>

Remember this is a "dummy" page and doesn't work yet, but will give

you a flavor of the new design.

http://www.jordanclan.net/tch/

Thank you again for your continued support and patronage.

Joe Jordan

20th Century Hobbies, Inc.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/ForSale1.htm
Null message body; hope that's ok