RE: (erielack) Secaucus Transfer news...

- --- Ted Andrews <ted_andrews_@_msn.com> wrote:
> Is this new station multi-level?

Yes.

> Doesn't the PRR mainline go over the Erie and DL&W tracks in the west
end
> of Croxton Yard? If so, would patrons riding on the NJTransit lines get
> off at ground level and then climb stairs to get to the PRR (Amtrak)
line?

Yes, or escalators or elevators.  The entire station complex has to be
handicapped accessible, which also simplifies life for bicyclists, parents
with children in strollers, others who have problems with stairs, etc.

> Lastly, Amtrak widened its mainline from 2 tracks to 4 between what
> locations?  I think that the bridge over Croxton Yard was just for two
> tracks.

There are three new control points on the NEC, ERIE at the east end of the
complex which is west of Croxton, ALLIED at the complex, and LACK near the
NJT Main Line (which used to be the DL&W Boonton Line).  There is also a
short stub track west of the station for parking a protect engine.  The
original PRR bridges in this area are all being replaced, after 90 years
of service.

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

(I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)