Re: (erielack) August Railpace

In a message dated 01-07-26 09:25:38 EDT, njmidland_@_compuserve.com writes:

I believe that Chessie may have been committed until late 1975, or even early
1976.

Phil
ELRRco_@_AOL.com

<<
 There is a nice article in the August Railpace about the
 Delaware-Lackawanna.  There are several nice heritage photos.  On the front
 cover is a shot at Cresco of an inspection train in 1975.  2 E-8s (led by
 825), what appears to be the Spirit of Youngstown, two EL business cars,
 and what appears to be a C&O business car.  Was Chessie still committed to
 buy the EL in 1975?

 Since Railpace put some things in print, let me ask.  The article says that
 the D-L will handle all freight through Stroudsburg and interchange at
 Portland with NS.  While it sounds logical (and certainly exciting), is
 this official?  Let me know when the train is due and I'll book my favorite
 table at Dansbury's Depot (East Stroudsburg statin, now a resturaunt).

 Tim